The more you reaffirm who you are in Christ, the more your behavior will begin to reflect your true identity. Identity has been a big part of how God has been doing what He has been doing in my heart lately, His identity and mine. So, here is a quick list of Biblical references where you can find some of your identity in Christ. I encourage you to search through these and dig into them, get acquainted with them, and hide them in your heart. Over the next few weeks/months, I’ll be going into each one in more detail. That’s all I’m going to share for right now so you have a little something to look forward to. Enjoy and dig in!
I AM ACCEPTED
- John 1:12— I am God’s child.
- John 15:15— As a disciple, I am a friend of Jesus Christ.
- Romans 5:1— I have been justified.
- 1 Corinthians 6:17— I am united with the Lord, and I am one with Him in spirit.
- 1 Cornthians 6:19-20— I have been bought with a price, and I belong to God.
- 1 Corinthians 12:27— I am a member of Christ’s Body.
- Ephesians 1:3-8— I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child.
- Colossians 1:13-14— I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins.
- Colossians 2:9-10— I am complete in Christ.
- Hebrews 4:14-16— I have direct access to the throne of grace through Jesus Christ.
I AM SECURE
- Romans 8:1-2— I am free from condemnation.
- Romans 8:28— I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances.
- Romans 8:31-39— I am free from any condemnation brought against me, and I cannot be separated from the love of God.
- 2 Corinthians 1:21-22— I have been established, anointed, and sealed by God.
- Colossians 3:1-4— I am hidden with Christ in God.
- Philippians 1:6— I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me.
- 2 Timothy 1:7— I have not been given the spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind.
- 1 John 5:18— I am born of God, and the evil one cannot touch me.
I AM SIGNIFICANT
- John 15:5— I am the branch of Jesus Christ, the true vine, and a channel of His life.
- John 15:16— I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit.
- 1 Corinthians 3:16— I am God’s temple.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17-21— I am a minister of reconciliation for God.
- Ephesians 2:6— I am seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly realm.
- Ephesians 2:10— I am God’s workmanship.
- Ephesians 3:12— I may approach God with freedom and confidence.
- Philippians 4:13— I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
P.S. This is a list that I received in youth group years ago and still use today.