I just read a blog post on studentministry.org (of the same title as my post here) by a guest blogger named Matt Brown. It was really good and I encourage you to read it. I’m going to post the five points here in hopes that you will interested enough to visit the original post and read the whole thing. The site and it’s main man, Tim Schmoyer, are full of creative ideas for ministry. If you’re involved in one, you should check them out.
So here they are!
- Discipleship needs more than a weekly service.
- Social media allows us to reinforce what God is saying.
- Social media keeps you on your toes.
- Social media allows you to reach outside your church.
- Social media gives your church a broader platform.
Here is the link for the whole article by Matt Brown: http://www.studentministry.org/social-media-important-church/
and here is a fun video by Tim Schmoyer to get you interested in his site and materials: