How do you determine when the best time for being transparent with a mentor or sibling in Christ and when you should keep things between your own heart and Jesus’? Below is a good checklist to think and pray through.
What’s the difference between holy silence and darkness?
- Holy silence is when you keep godly, holy things in your heart and ponder them, much like Mary the mother of Jesus kept the circumstances surrounding Jesus’ birth in her heart and pondered them.
- Holy silence breeds the fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, kindness, faithfulness, self-control, etc).
- Holy silence brings revelation from God.
- Holy silence draws us into prayer while we listen for God’s downloads about a particular subject.
Darkness is the total opposite:
- Darkness conceals secrets and prevents healing.
- Darkness tells you that you can’t trust or confide in people.
- Darkness tells you that people would judge you if you talked about what’s on your heart.
- Darkness makes you feel condemned and hopeless.
- Darkness breeds fear, distrust, anxiety, doubt, unbelief, and selfishness.
- Darkness tries to tell you that you’re an island, and you don’t need people.
To read the rest of the original post, click here.